Friday 18 December 2009

blessings in disguise

i have a wonderful life. i think i am. Alhamdulillah, syukur thankful to Allah, i'm still breathing effortlessly. i have a good job, my family loves me very much, well maybe too much for my mother, hehe. yeah, she can be a lil bit too possessive, demanding and controlling at times. since my brother got married, things got worse. it's like i'm the son she has. that is one of the reasons why i go back home every single weekend. yeah, i know, i am a mommy's boy. hahaha.

i got a long list of friends, really good friends. my mckk friends or koleq brothers, friends back in my studies days and friends i got to know in my working days until now. i am so thankful i'm surrounded with good people and smart people too. i learn a lot from my friends. some of them really care about me. it's good to know there's always people who care and give a shit about you. what else you could have ask for. i think i'm living my life good.

i have a good job. the pay is reasonable. i got to travel a lot. too much it exhausted me, wearing me thin. my clock runs faster than everybody else's. my calendar flips faster like i'm living in the fast forward mode kind of thing. my months gone by unnoticed. 30 days are like 10 or 15 days in my world. i've been around sarawak. i've been to many places, places i never thought i would be. i met new people almost everyday. my hardisk and memory have to be updated everyday. and it is kind of wearing. but i have a number of subordinates reporting to me and they all love me. that's comforting. when you have a set of people respect you and constantly seek for your counsel, consensus and decisions. i kind of like it when people listens to me. i learned their dialec well enough, even some of them couldn't believe that i'm not originally from here. and i have been exposed to their culture. i learn to eat their food, talk in their tone, dance in their steps and live their life. i think i'm proud of what i've achieved here in borneo.

business wise, i think me and my boss have introduced a lot of changes and new things here. new way of working, new standards of delivering, it's not just normal routine, and i've coached my boys to learn to deliver with honour, ownership and pride. not just daily works, it has to be different, doing different things differently. i think the result is starting to surface here, compared to how were things when i first arrive 2.5 years back. the breakdown number and frequency started to decrease, our expenditure spent accordingly as budgeted. i think i've done it. what it was expected of me as an executive.

i have a house. and my family live in it. i think that's the most noble thing i've done in my entirely life, buying a house for everybody. it's not that big, not too small. just nice. the location is convenient for my parents to go to work and visit my grandparents. it's relatively closer and the accessibility is not a question. the price was reasonable, considering of its location, 10 km from klcc. what else you could have ask for?

what now? i think i want to buy myself a sports bike. i'm contemplating between 3 models available in the market currently. kawasaki er6n, suzuki gladius 650 or the extremely expensive ducati monster 696. sigh ~ i don't know why i'm going back to my riding days. i seriously think that my parents will not agree with this but i have already considering to buy one. i have crashed countless times back in my younger days. i still remember i used to ride back long distanced from johor bahru to kuantan. and i once crashed in segamat and it totally broke my bike out that i have to stop and towed it myself to find a workshop before i could resume my journey. hehe. yeah, it was crazy. adrenaline rush.

kawasaki er6n

suzuki gladius 650

ducati monster 696

my mom will probably nag me. bla bla bla. well, she has all the right reasons not to agree. first, it is dangerous. i have not been on a bike since i left johor bahru. second, what happen to my cars? it's not that i don't possess my own transportation or whatsoever. this is purely lavish. and last but not least, a sports bike is bloody expensive. it gonna cost me 30K++, at least. and my dad will most probably ask me " are you out of your bloody mind, son?". lol.

No comments: