Sunday 2 May 2010

it is part of the job


last tuesday i held a meeting at my terminal. my very first meeting as a superintendent. i deliberated my expectations and standards. and we had a brief ice breaking session among us while enjoying our breakfast in the meeting room. after the meeting, we even had our photography session. i wanted to frame all faces who worked hard, helping me running the terminal.

and today, i had two foreign visitors all the way from sudan and indonesia respectively. both of them are future md/ceo for their companies, in which are still relatively new and learning in aviation business. i briefed them on my inventory, basic operations, my shifts arrangement for the operators and i even took them toured around the apron to witness the refueling operation of turbo propeller ATR type flight.

after that, i conducted another meeting with my staff, discussing on our getaway and welfare activities. and at the same time, i had to print a cheque to pay the land tax to the local authority. how irony is that? it's like i have to do everything. sigh.

next week there will be another two visits from our future customer. yeah, another series of welcoming gestures, mind you, it is, part of the job. i pay the utility bills, and i am also the operations manager. damn.

whatever it is, the responsibilities are mounting on me. i have so many things to learn, and i to be honest, don't really have any idea what i am suppose to know. it's like wandering in the dark. you don't know what to expect. but, patience on the other hand, positive thinking and resilience bold kind of character are few of the traits i want to inculcate into myself. in order to survive.

pray to Him for a smooth incident-less span of reign. so that people will remember me always, as a super superintendent, despite the look of a true walking "text book" narcissist. lol~

No comments: